Excelsia contributes to making a better world through active participation in a life-transforming global Christian learning community.
Excelsia is an academic community benefiting the world by producing research characterised by exemplary scholarship consistent with a Christian world view, and graduates prepared to lead in a range of professions.
Our values reflect our vision and our mission:
- Christ-likeness: striving to exemplify the life of Christ in our commitments, our actions and
- Innovation and Creativity: working with passion and imagination in a range of influential professions, to further God’s transformative work in the world.
- Scholarship: creating a culture that values the search for truth, supports academic freedom and rewards rigorous thinking.
- Service to the community: using our skills and abilities in and beyond the Institution in the service of others.
- Lifelong learning: continually seeking knowledge, wisdom and capability to flourish and contribute in a changing world.
Deep Knowledge: A deep, coherent and extensive knowledge of studied disciplines characterised by intellectual openness, creativity and curiosity.
Critical Analysis: Willingness and ability to analyse issues logically, consider different options and viewpoints fairly, and make informed decisions in relevant artistic, academic and/or professional contexts and settings.
Lifelong Learning: A commitment to lifelong learning characterised by a willingness and ability to acquire, develop and apply knowledge and skills that facilitate positive adaptations to a changing world.
Aptitude to communicate information, arguments and ideas effectively and ethically through writing, speech
and/or artistic expression as appropriate within each discipline.
Christian Ethical Action: A sound knowledge and understanding of Christian values and beliefs, and of
the relevance of Christian faith to personal life, professional ethics, and social concerns.
Self Direction: A capacity for self-directed learning and activity while working effectively with others in scholarly, vocational, civic and/or artistic pursuits and endeavours.
Technical Competence: Competence and facility with materials, processes and technologies relevant to learned disciplines, generic information literacy and professional practice.
Responsible Innovation: Oriented towards exhibiting intellectual and artistic enterprise, innovation and independence in constructive, creative and responsible ways.